Wednesday 25 April 2012

#3 Bloemencorso Bollenstreek or Flower Parade 2012


The country with the famous name  "Country of the flowers" organises the most wonderful events about and with flowers. Do you have any doubts about it? Well, I will try to tell you about one of the events that represents the visit card of the Netherlands...
April 21... a day which appeared to be very ugly... in the morning there was rain and wind... initially, I decided to stay home, but in the afternoon sun was shining. And I took my camera, I got the bike and I went to the train station. I got the train to Haarlem.
17.00 o'clock, I got off the train and I went to the city center. I took some pictures, I walked.
21.00 o'clock, all people gathered ... What would happen at this time? At 21.00 had to arrive in Haarlem '' Flower Parade ".
The 65th annual Bulbflower parade departed from Noordwijk to travel its 40 km journey along the main roads to Haarlem, where it arrived at about 21.15. The Bollenstreek Flower Parade is the biggest parade and is held at the end of April every year. The origin of the parade dates 50 years back in time when initiators of various small parades in the villages of the Bollenstreek decided to go together and organize one big parade. Floats with 1.5 million of different flowers are created by enthusiastic volunteers who are working on this for months. Popular flowers for these floats are daffodils and hyacinths, but in some parts of the country, only dahlias are beeing used. This unique parade can only take place in spring when the hyacinths, tulips and daffodils are in flower. There is no other parade that can match the enormous display of colours and scents. Each year the parade has a theme. The theme of this year's parade is Communication.
The Parade was comprised of 20 large floats and more than 30 motorcars all beautifully decorated with flowers. The festive atmosphere was further enhanced by music played by many brassbands marching with the parade. 
I was very excited about this event. If you'll have someday the possibility to participate to this show, don't hesitate!!!

Other flower events in Netherlands

Bloemencorso 2012


Bloemencorso 2011

My photo gallery...


















No comments:

Post a Comment